The clerk of court’s office works in partnership with the U.S. State Department to provide passport acceptance services. If, after examining this web page, you have questions, contact the clerk’s office at (504) 934-6610; or by e-mail at email@example.com. Office hours are 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, excluding legal holidays. No appointment is needed.
If obtaining a passport please be at the office no later than 4:00 p.m. in order for us to complete the process by closing time. To save time at the clerk's office, please bring copies of your supporting documents and the front and back of your photo ID.
Documents Required to Obtain a Passport
- Proof of U.S. citizenship: 1) a certified copy of your birth certificate; 2) an expired passport; or 3) original Certificate of Naturalization. Your documents must be in good condition and not torn or taped;
- Proof of identity, e.g., a valid driver’s license;
- One passport photograph (studio pictures measuring 2″ X 2″) that conforms to U.S. State Dept. regulations. If you do not have the required photograph, the clerk of court’s office will take your picture for a fee of $10 at the time you submit your application. If you bring a photo and the clerk determines that it does not meet specifications, you will be asked to take a new one;
- If you have changed your name due to a marriage or divorce, you will need a certified true copy of your marriage license or divorce judgment. If your marriage license was issued in Plaquemines Parish, we can provide you with a certified copy for $10. If your divorce was finalized in Plaquemines Parish, we can provide you with a certified copy based on number of pages ($1 page for copy, $5 to certify). If these were obtained outside of Plaquemines, you will have to contact the appropriate parish clerk of court to obtain the documents;
- If you were born in Louisiana, you may obtain a certified birth certificate from our office for $34. If you were born outside of Louisiana, contact the appropriate state's department of vital records to obtain your birth certificate: https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/w2w/index.htm
- Your supporting documents will be returned to you by the U.S. Passport Agency in a package separate from your passport.
Only first-time passport applications may be submitted to our office. Renewal applications must be submitted directly to the U.S. Passport Agency, although we are happy to review your renewal application, take your photo, and provide guidance for submission.
Print all forms on letter size paper, one sided; use only black ink to complete form. If you make an error, do not use correction fluid or tape (white-out); simply strike through the incorrect information and provide the correct information above the strike-through. Do not sign any paperwork until you arrive at the clerk of court's office.
Download the Passport Application forms above or you may follow this link to download forms from the U.S. Passport Agency web site
Fees are established by the U.S. State Department. The cost is $130.00 for those age 16 and older ($190.00 for expedited service). An additional fee of $19.53 is required for 1-2 Day express mail service (from the passport agency to you). (This passport is valid for 10 years from the date of issue). The cost is 100.00 for those age 15 and younger (This passport is valid for 5 years from the date of issue) (expedited service is $160.00). To ensure your passport arrives within the two-three week period, an additional fee of $17.56 is required for 1-2 Day express mail service.
Fees are payable in check or money order to: “U.S. Dept. of State.” The passport renewal fee is $130.00 per passport for standard service ($190.00 for expedited service) and must be mailed to the address on the application. An additional fee of $19.53 is required for 1-2 Day express mail service (from the passport agency to you). The $35.00 execution fee does not apply to renewals. Children’s passports (if issued under age 15) cannot be renewed.
Enter the applicant name and date of birth in the memo field of the check or money order paid to the U.S. Dept. of State.
A $35.00 execution fee (per passport) and $10.00 photo fee is payable in cash, money order, credit card, or check is due the clerk of court. Checks and money orders for fees due the clerk of court should be made payable to “Plaquemines Parish Clerk of Court”.
Customers will now have the option to apply for a Passport Book, a Passport Card, or Both on the new DS-11, DS-82, and DS-5504 forms. The Passport Card may be used only for land and sea travel between the United States and Canada, Mexico, Bermuda, and the Caribbean. The Passport Card will provide a less expensive, smaller, and more convenient alternative for those who travel to these destinations. The Passport Card cannot be used for air travel. Further information regarding the Passport Card can be found on the U.S. Passport Agency Internet web site: www.travel.state.gov.
Minors under the age of 16 need the signatures of both parents, or documentation as to why that is not possible, in order to apply for a passport.
If you are traveling within 14 calendar days of your application, you must call (877) 487-2778 for an appointment. You may also want to consult the U.S. Passport Agency web site.